What are Flax Seeds ?
Flax seeds oil and flax seed also Flaxseed is commonly known as Alsi (Gujarati, Hindi Punjabi), Jawas (Marathi), Tishri (Bengali), Agasi (Kannada) are popular and in demand among vegetarians and vegans who want Omega-3 fatty acids but from a non-animal.Nevertheless, each one can get the benefit by adding flaxseeds in the diet. Flaxseed oil contains higher levels of Omega-3 than the seeds, but actually flax seed are more benefits than just the oil.
10 health benefits of flaxseeds oil and flax seed.
1. Flax seeds exist a greater source of fiber which work as a natural laxative and helps to keep things regular.
2. Flaxseed oil contains omega-3 fat and concentrated amounts of (ALA)alpha-linolenic acid.vegans and Vegetarians often use as a substitute for fish oil, although there are many opinions over, whether the Omega-3 contain in flax seed oil is more beneficial or fish oil.
3. Flaxseed has been shown to work as well as stains to lower cholesterol.
4. Flax seeds have a good source of magnesium.
5. Flax seeds have high good levels of lignans in it. This Lignans may help to protect against cancers which are base on estrogen-dependents such as breast cancer.
6. Daily consumption of ground flax seed are helpful to regulate estrogen levels in post-menopausal women.
7.Flax seeds have been proven to safeguard post-menopausal women from heart disease
8. Flaxseed reduces resistance to insulin and may protect against diabetes.
9. Introductory research over on mice shows that flaxseeds may prevent or slow down the spread of prostate cancer.
10. Studies in mice have shown that flax seed can prevent or slow the spread of melanoma.
Image Credit Flickr